Saturday, January 01, 2000

Support for my Blog

If  you enjoy this blog in any way and would like to see it continue, then a monetary contribution* via Paypal would go a long way towards doing that. This will show me that my efforts here are worth more than nothing. Any amount you can afford will be appreciated. If you cannot afford it, do not feel in any way obligated. This is a free blog. Anyone can access it at any time. But if you can, it would be nice to be appreciated in this way.

Why am I asking for contributions? Unlike professional journalists and columnists, I do not get paid for writing. I do it for free as a labor of love.  But it takes a lot of time and hard work. Who wouldn't want to be paid for working hard? 

I would love to be hired as a columnist on any Jewish publication. I think it would increase their readership. This is a popular blog that has generated thousands of readers. My column would very likely do the same for them. But as of yet I have not been offered a paid position. 

I am grateful to the Jewish Press and the Times of Israel for publishing so many of my posts online. Even though they don't pay me I appreciate the exposure. But I would appreciate the financial support even more... and it will motivate me to continue this blog and write even better posts.

Thank you.

Harry Maryles

*Contributions are not tax deductible.