Friday, October 06, 2006

Chag Sameach?... or Good Yom Tov.

I am going to depart from my usual custom of writing a D’var Torah for Sukkos. Not because I don’t want to, but simply because I just don’t have enough time to blog…. and enjoy my son, daugther in law and grandchildren at the same time. So instead I will just wish all my readers and commenters a Good Yom Tov, or, if you prefer a Chag Sameach (I am personally not fussy.) Whether one agrees with my thoughts or is vehemently opposed to them, we are all part of Klal Yisroel and I have no ill will towards anyone, even my biggest detractors. So, once again, I extend my sincere wishes for a joyful Simchas Yom Tov to all. If any of the many readers who live in Ramat Bet Shemesh want to come say hi, I will be Davening in Maasas Mordechai, most Minyanim and The Gra’s Shul for the “Chutz” Yom Tov Sheni Minyan

I would throw out a thought to ponder. Why during the era of the Beis HaMkdash, did Chazal not Assur Lulav and Esrog with a Shev V’Al Taseh on Shabbos Sukkos, even for the first day of Yom Tov which is a D’oraisa? They Assur’d Shofer on the fist day of Rosh Hashanah if it fell on Shabbos? The worry of carrying the Shofer to Shul motivated Chazal to come up with a Shev V’Al Taaseh on Rosh Hashanah Takkana for Shofer, Why wouldn’t the same worry about carrying the Dalede Minim on Sikkos? The Takkana we have today against taking the Daled Minim only post Beis HaMikdash, if I remember correctly. I would appreciate any knowledge on this subject. Of course, if I remembered incorrectly, then …never mind.