Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Did the Holocaust Really Happen?

Last night on a nationally broadcast news program there was a segment which told of the conference Iran is having about the validity of the holocaust. I was very glad to see some Chasidic looking Jews attending that conference. That legitimizes it for me. They all had front row seats. I now realize that all the horrors of the holocaust can indeed be a subject for debate. Maybe there was no Kristalnacht. Maybe there was no degradations of fellow human beings. Maybe there were no bunkers that people hid in. Maybe there were no firing squads, death camps... or starvations... or medical experiments. I’ll bet all those archival films from that era showing all those absolute horrors were faked! ...and all the massive eyewitness testimony of survivors is just one big conspiracy. Who knows maybe my uncle didn’t get slaughtered the way my father and brothers described it to me. Hmmmm! Maybe they lied to me so that I could learn to hate Esav properly?!

Or... perhaps not.

Men with long white beards, felt Chasidic hats and long black Bekeshes who I’m absolutely certain Daven three times each day, drink only Chalav Yisroel, are meticulous in every possible Chumra of Judaism, and would certainly side with my Charedi critics on every issue I ever discuss, were there to give their imprimatur on this conference.

Who were those Charedim? I’m not sure but I’m fairly certain that they reflect the over-all views of Neturei Karta, a break off segment of Satmar who decided to put into action the extremely anti Medina policies of Satmar. But these gentlemen make Satmar look like Religious Zionists. They have finally done the unthinkable. They have legitimized holocaust deniers.

Now before anyone starts haranguing me about my lumping all Charedim together with these people... I’m not. Obvioulsy, there is absolutely no tolerance for these individuals by the vast majority of Charedim or Chasidim. But isn’t it curious that only people from this segment would even think about doing something as low as this? There were no other Religious Jews there of any type. Not one. Only these Chasidic people. They think they are making a Kiddush HaShem. And they presume to be standing for many others who agree with them. Who knows? Maybe there are other Jews who think like them and secretly endorse their tactics. And if so, I wonder how many?

I used to think that these people were the lowest form of human debris on the face of the earth. But that was before they decided to attend a conference on holocaust denial. There is absolutely no excuse for what they did and they have 6 million souls to answer to, not to mention the millions of survivors. These are some of the most contemptible Jews walking the face of the planet.