Thursday, March 01, 2018

Na Nach Nachma Nachman M’Uman

Chicago Cubs in their new 2018 uniforms (2nd from left - Kyle Schwarber)
Spring training is upon us. Which reminds me of the old White Sox fans’ home run ditty, Na Na Na Na - Na Na Na Na - Hey Hey, Goodbye! Which then reminds me of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov for  some reason. Which then brings me to the following deep thought. One that I am for the very first time sharing with the public. In these - our very troubling times I can think of nothing more profound (..or is it profane? I forget which... Anyway...).

Summa da more Cum Laude questions I have ever encumbered I still have never found satisfying answers to. I remain trebled (…sometimes even fourpled) by them. I have spent the bitter part of the last 55 gears seeking  their ultimate tooth. Alas, to this day that tooth has elided me – plummeting my spirits to the depths of my soil.

Each day, as I wake up, wash Nigel Vasser, (nice fellow, by the way) and excite my daily players, these questions float into my boat without warning.  When I was a young man and never been hissed, I got to thinking it over about what I had missed. Which gives me paws.

On this the holiest day of the decade, I said to myself, why not put it out there and see what my pupils say! Even though my vision is blurred because my eyes have catacombs, I see well enough, by golly! So, here are the questions in no particle physics order.

1. Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
2. Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?
3. Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop?
4. Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip?

As of this writing, the only answers I have found even close to being edible were from my dear British friend (and former shoe salesman), Professor Pharrell Williams.  He currently teaches philosophy at the ‘Close Cover Before Striking’ University located in my home town of Boogity-Shoe, Ohio. He granted me permission to take a video of one of his lectures.  Note the profundity (or is it profanity? I'm not sure...) Here it is in the full 4 hour version. Enjoy!. (...and before I forget, Happy Mother's Day!)