Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Meah Shearim Jew - Conservative Jew

Administrative Note

Due to the vast misunderstanding of what I was trying to convey in this post -which is due to my poor execution in expressing it properly - I have decided to do something that I have done only two other times in the history of this blog. I am deleting the entire content this post. I have no choice but to do that. It is counter productive to the intent of this blog to generate ill will -especially when it is based on my own blunders.

I do want to make one thing absolutely clear however. I do not consider the Conservative movement to be a legitimate Torah movement in any way. The fact that it legitimizes believing that the Torah was not given at Sinai but rather written by man at various times by different people – delegitimizes the movement itself. Belief in Torah MiSinai is a fundamental belief of Judaism as quoted in the 13 Maimonidean principles of faith.

Once again. My apologies for any misunderstanding.