Thursday, June 02, 2011

A Kiddush HaShem



I don’t know much about Rabbi Yitzchak Dovid Grossman of Migdal HaEmek. But if this video is indicative of what he does and who he is, this is one Charedi that I have nothing but pure admiration for. If all Charedim were like this one - this would be a different blog. It is one of the most inspiring videos I have ever seen. It documents events that took place during the last Lebanon War.

I actually teared while watching it and found myself asking why I was so emotional about this? I then quickly realized that this is an expression of a dream I have about the kind of Achdus that could exit in the Jewish world and how far away we are from achieving it.

If only all Charedim could be like this Charedi man.

This video is 10 minutes long and in Hebrew with English subtitles. I normally do not put up long videos like this - especially if they are not in English. But this one is different and is well worth watching. In fact I think it ought to be mandatory viewing for every single Jewish student anywhere in the world as a lesson in how a Jew should relate to a fellow Jew no matter their background.