Sunday, August 15, 2021

Biking for Dollars

Updated*. I will be riding my Bike for NCSY today. BikeNCSY is a project that raises money for a very worthy cause. I believe its success at reaching out to teens is unmatched by any other Jewish outreach organization. 

Teenagers are probably the most difficult age group to reach out to about their Jewish heritage. In fact a Shaliach from Chabad (whose mission is to reach out to every Jew) once told me that they rarely deal with teenagers as a group. They leave that to NCSY.

Needless to say, I am a fan. And have been a supporter of this fine organization long before my son in law, Rabbi Micha Geenland became its international director. This Sunday, August 15th I will be joining him in this fundraising effort.

There are sponsorships available for anyone who wants to sponsor me (or any of the others riding a bike for NCSY). If are able to do so, I would appreciate a sponsorship at any level you can afford.  

No pressure. 

I know that times are tough and not everyone has discretionary funds to spend even for a good cause. But  if the spirit moves you, and you can afford it, you can link to my BikeNCSY page and donate there. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers and commentators for supporting my blog for all these years. I do not charge any fees because my goal is to reach as many people as I can and share my thoughts on issues of the day that affect the Jewish people. So once again, thank you so much for your support. It means a lot.

*Update  I rode over 33 miles yesterday and raised $1546 dollars for NCSY .I am very pleased that I exceeded by over $1000 my modest pledge to raise $500. To all those that contributed, thank you once again. That money will be put to good use.