Wednesday, September 20, 2023

On Our Way to the Holy Land

Screenshot of  a street in RBS Gimmel
As is our custom at this time of year, my wife and I are off to the holy land for Yom Kippur and Sukkos. (We are currently airborne and scheduled to arrive at about 5:20 PM local time.)

We are both looking forward to spending some quality time with the Israeli/American branch of our family. Which now includes 3 great-grandchildren. My son has recently relocated to Ramat Bet Shemesh Gimmel where he has been retained as the Rav and Posek of a Shul. (He is still a Rosh Chabura and a Shoel and Meshiv in the Mir.)

I see this as a new adventure in uncharted territory since I do not know the neighborhood. Last time we were both in Gimmel we almost got lost. I know Ramat Bet Shemesh Aleph like the back of my hand. It was my home in Israel for the last 20 years. I guess I will have to learn the lay of the land before I become comfortable in it.

Be that as it may, my wife and I are both excited to see our family and their new home.  

Not sure what kind of internet access I will have during my stay there. But I will attempt to find ways of posting. Hopefully as soon as tomorrow. Stay tuned.