Monday, November 20, 2006

Reuven is in Recovery

The surgery was deemed a success by all doctors in involved. To put it the way one of them did, things went even better than expected. Reuven should be conscious but groggy very soon. The tumor is OUT! …Thank God!

Now the healing begins. And in about 2 weeks the chemo-therapy resumes. Barring any unexpected complications, God forbid,. I will not be posting an update for awhile. I will update when there is news, which hopefully will be all good.

But I do want to take this opportunity again to thank the hard working, kind and dedicated doctors, both oncologists and surgeons... as well as the nurses who have literally put their heart into this case.

I would also like to thank once again all those who have been praying for Reuven and keeping him and my family in your hearts. Words alone are not enough to express the gratitude my family and I have for all that you have done. God listens to our prayers.

“Blessed is HaShem Who listens to our prayers.” This phrase is repeated three times a day in the Shmoneh Esreh. I have never had more Kavanah than I have right now when I say those words. The same is true for the three times a day I say the words from Refoenu which for me, now include the “Yehi Ratzon” with Reuven’s name.

One cannot know how God will answer one’s prayers, but we know he listens and we pray that he answers our prayers in the positive way we desire. So far this has been the case for us. And my family and I cannot be more thankful to God and to all whose efforts in deed and in prayer have made it happen thus far. So whatever everyone has been doing… if you can, please keep doing it. IT’S WORKING!

And it ain’t over yet.