Monday, August 03, 2009

The Bad News is…

I have really had it with all this negative news lately. It almost feels like Tisha B’Av isn’t over yet. I spent the better part of the morning trying mightily to find some positive or inspiring news in the Orthodox world to comment upon.

I could not find a single story.

I know that such stories exist. I have written about them in the past. But we have unfortunately been so plagued with one negative story after another that there hasn’t been any room for positive stories anywhere.

And the bad news doesn’t stop. Yet another Orthodox Jew involved in a money laundering scam and other illegal financial activities - hit much of the news media this morning! When I read about it - I just wanted to scream. How much can one say about such things before sounding like a broken record?

So I purposely stayed away from it. My views on this subject are well known by even the occasional reader of my blog.

I mention all this now because I want to everyone to know that I at least tried. And I am still trying. On that note - if anyone does know of an inspirational story of recent vintage I will be happy to post it as a guest post. Please e-mail me at: hmaryles@yahoo.com.