Thursday, November 23, 2023

The Problem With Accessing Comments

Frustrated by the inability to see comments?
 A lot of people seem to still be having difficulty accessing comments. Not sure how to fix it other than to repeat what works for me. And if that doesn't work to suggest another way to access them. First let me reiterate why the problem exists in the first place. It is due to the incompatibly of Disqus (which hosts the comments section) and blogger (The website that hosts my blog). 

A while back Blogger ipgraded their website to be secured. It still has the older site that is not secured. Disqus is unsecured. Comments can only be accessed on the unsecured version of blogger. 

As I said in a previous post on this subject - the way I get comments is by googling Emes Ve-Emunah (spelled exactly that way) and then clicking on it. 

The unsecured version will then appear. DO NOT CLICK ON THE TITLE OF THE POST that you want to read. Instead scroll down to the comments of the post you choose and then click on them. The post and the comments will appear and you should be able to read and post comments.

I should add that I have subsequently been told by readers that tried this and it didn't work for them. My gut  feeling is they did not follow the directions  precisely I told them. But who knows. It may also be a browser problem. I use Chrome. It's possible that other browsers won't pick up the comments no matte what you do.

I was informed by a reader who tried my solution and said it didn't work for him, that he switched to Firefox - another popular browser. And he had no trouble getting comments after that. I don't know if that will work for everyone. But it is certainly worth a try.

The only thing i can do from my end is to replace Disqus with another commenting platform. The problem with doing this is that the Disqus comments on all pats posts will disappear. So I am very reluctante to do that.

I apologize to readers that are having this difficulty. But for the moment, this is the best advice I can give.

On a more positive note, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.