Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Night to Remember

The Greenlands
Last night was a huge Nachas night for me. I attended a banquet that honored my daughter, Rivkie, and my son in law, Rabbi Micah Greenland, for their 12 years of service to Midwest NCSY. The video presented last evening was just made available on YouTube by NCSY and I am presenting it here. 

Aside from the wonderful and very unique outreach done by NCSY illustrated in this video, you will see why I have so much pride in my children and in what they do – and have yet to do. As many readers already know, my son in law has accepted the position as the head of this - the crown jewel of the OU. He is the international director of NCSY.

I am happy to present the video here for my readers. After watching it you will know why NCSY is so unique and so successful… and why I am such a great supporter of this fine institution. My first encounter with NCSY made me a believer. Micah was a senior at Fasman Yeshiva High School (HTC) and national president of NCSY at the time.

It was love at first sight. I loved what I saw at NCSY. I encouraged my 2 older daughters, Sari and Rivkie to become active in it. They did. And the rest – as my daughter says in the video – is history. In a world where Jews are hemorrhaging out of Judaism at record numbers, NCSY is turning the tide one Jew at a time in their early teenage years where impressions mean everything. Here now, the video.