Sunday, March 04, 2007

Why Moshiach is Not Here Yet

I thought it might be helpful for those who don’t know me to see what I look like so I am including this photo of myself. I hope this helps. This photo was taken last year on Yom Kipur during Neilah by a phot0grapher from Vogue magazine and will be used in an upcoming in depth article on the Rav which will include his famous recipe for making really great tasting french fries.

First a little Purim humor: Definition of a Bachelor? A man who isn’t married!


OK! Everybody stop laughing. On to more substantial things.

I have absolutely had it with the arrogance of New Yorkers, most of whom are Charedim. I have only one word for you guys: Imbeciles! Idiots! Mororns!

There is a very serious debate going on at Areivim surrounding one of the most profound issues of our time. The attitudes expressed there by some pretentious faux experts from the East (coast) cannot be described in terms any less severe than a complete lack of Emunas Chachamim. And it is an unqualified, complete, and total Chilul HaShem. It is an absolute desecration of one of God’s finest creations by Bnei Torah who should know better. Mi’ K’Amcha Yisroel! Nebech.

By now it should be obvious to all what I am talking about. Of course I am talking about the super delicious cold cuts from Romanian Kosher Sausage Company in Chicago. That’s right I said cold cuts. That’s English for “deli”. I have never heard so much Lashon Hara, Motzi Shem Ra and pure unadulterated Rishis about the ultra-fine cuisine coming out of this establishment. And it comes mostly from East coast Charedim, some of them even Litvishe Gedolim, if not Ketanim.

Anyone who has ever tasted one of Romanian’s delicacies can easily attest to its superiority over any other cold cut anywhere in the world. The cholesterol level alone makes it worth the price, which is very reasonable by New York standards.

Take their hot dogs (English for frankfurters) for instance. Only animal parts from finest Midwestern cows are used. The left-over meat lying around on the floors of meat-packing houses are carefully gathered washed and squished into hot-dog casings, as are leftover eyeball, nose, and ear parts. It is seasoned with a secret spice recipe that is the envy of the entire cold-cut industry. (Hint: mare-sweat and kosher date honey are involved in the processing.)

The Kashrus standards are amongst the highest in the industry. Every “dog” is certified Kosher by famous the Streits Matzos Machshirim, Rabbis A. Soloveichik and N. Bialik. A rigourous inspection process ensues. And they make sure all hot dogs are Yoshon, Chalav Yisroel, and most importantly, Beis Yoesf OU Glatt. And because they employ only Chasidshe Shechita, absolutely no animals are harmed in the manufacture of Romanian hot dogs.

And Romanian is very kind to its workers. Any time someone loses a finger while slicing salami, everyone gathers around and sings Yedid Nefesh to the tune of Hatikva while he tries to find his lost appendage amongst the salami slices, a very touching experience indeed for the injured party. What other cold cut purveyor would ever dream of taking the time to do this kindness for its employees? And as a measure of extra hygiene, all the salami slices are rinsed of his blood with lukewarm water before being packaged and handed over to the customer.

Some New Yorkers have had the unmitigated gall to suggest that there are better coldcuts available elsewhere. To this I say, Balderdash! Not only is that Kfira, it is untrue! I have checked with my Posek, Harav HaGaon Rabbeinu Taam Chardal, and he assiduously, unremittingly, constantly, incessantly, and forever suggests that I no longer allow anyone who utters such blasphemous talk to be given access to my blog. And though I am opposed to banning as a general rule. I agree with him. And I hereby ban all blasphemers who deign to diss my pastrami. This is a form of Chutzaph which is beyond repair. No Teshuva is available for such Oisvurfs.

Yet there are those who stubbornly hold on to their beliefs! They actually believe that it is possible that other cold-cuts exist that are better than Romanian’s. I have no tolerance for such people. How low have our people fallen!

Many honorable people have asked how do I know? How can I be so sure of my beliefs? Have I ever tried these other “heretical” cold cuts? Isn’t it just possible that their pastrami is better than my pastrami’?

Horsefeathers!

I don’t have to try the so called non-Romainian "Deli". In my mind they don’t even exist. It's called Emunah P'shutah. Logic and reason will not prevail. I do not sway so easily. I stand by my words. Romanian has a long standing Chazaka as having the best cold-cuts ever!!!. And this is a Mesorah I have passed on to my children and to my children’s children. "Yechi Adoneinu Moreinu v'Rabbeinu Melech haMoshiach l'olam vo'ed!"